Covid Anxiety with In Laws vent

Athrna

So this would have been a stress free pregnancy if it wasnt for navigating interactions with our in laws who do not take Covid seriously.

I’m a STM (15 month old) and at the start of June I felt comfortable opening up our bubble to include immediate family as long as they had been pretty much self isolating (only trips out for groceries, necessities, etc, interacting with people outside the bubble was with masks outside and 6 feet away minimum). Well my sisters and parents had been doing this since April like us (sisters both stayed with my parents) so they were pretty much able to come over immediately. My in-laws however were camping when we told them, but since have always been either camping, get togethers with other family, friends etc. Which is fine that’s their choice.

My parents recently went up for my uncles funeral and although they social distanced wore masks and literally just went to the funeral and came back we are still quarantining 2 weeks from them and my sister because there were people at the service who were not wearing masks.

My issue is now that my MIL will be returning to work (next week) as a secretary at an elementary school in an area that I don’t think parents/families take this seriously, I am supposed to make concessions for them to see our LO. First I don’t feel confident in the people she will be interacting with and secondly, it’s not like they were taking this seriously prior to her eeturning to work.

I am thinking about letting them interact with our daughter with face masks and shields as long as 1. Our daughter doesn’t attempt to touch or remove them 2. They limit social interactions to the criteria we set out before she was working.

I know seeing them will mean we then have to take two weeks from seeing my family and the more I think of that the more upset I am about it. My sister is going to be going up to Minnesota to get married mid September and are not comfortable opening up their bubble to matts parents with her job before they go so I really don’t want to end up quarantining from them for half of the time they are still here. It is really frustrating me how now that they are going to be around I have to go without the extra help from my mom and sister and honestly just being able to interact when they didn’t care enough to adjust their summer plans to try and see our daughter?

I can’t tell if it’s my hormones and anxiety blowing this into something bigger or if I’m valid in being more than annoyed and in the right to push back when they could interact.