"Child" Support

My situation is FAR from average. I have full custody of my little brother. Growing up my father was abusive and a judge terminated his rights to have any contact with us. After my mother passed away a judge ruled that it was in his best interest that I take custody bc they still saw my father as unfit, however decided he pay child support to me monthly through checks. Well today we got a check that was labeled "child" support. This isn't the first time he's thrown shade through the checks. And if you knew my father personally you'd know he plays mind games with subliminal messages constantly. So would something like this bother you or is it only bothering to me bc of my direct association with the problem :(

*Also I want to add I'm grateful that I have the extra money to support us, however my father never paid my mom any child support and when he tried to gain custody after her death the judge saw that he was extremely back due and threatened jail time so that's the only reason he is paying now.