Sleep Training?

I’m seeing so many people talking about sleep training their babies by keeping them awake and making them take naps at certain times. From everything I’ve read you shouldn’t until they’re at least four months old? Am I wrong? FTM

I’m not talking about waking your baby up to feed them. I mean waking your baby up and keeping them awake simply to make them sleep kore at night.

From the research I’ve done, the only way you should be altering your baby’s sleep is to wake them up to eat but other than that let them sleep when they’re tired and be awake when they’re not. Keeping them awake because you want them to sleep a full night at < 4 months old is not good for them and that they shouldn’t really be sleeping the whole night until 6 months. Meaning even at night you should be waking them to eat. I just see so many moms begging for their month old baby to sleep the whole night or bragging that they do. I’m not judging anyone for how they mom. I’m more just wondering if I’m doing it wrong and figured I’d post to educate other mothers who may not know.

Knowing and doing your own thing and making your own decisions is 100% okay, I just like to be sure people can make educated decisions.