Dog advice needed.

Ok so I tried to find a more suiting group for this but I didn’t so I’ll ask here.

I got a small mixed breed who’s one years old (chihuahua and toy terrier) he is really lovely and fun! He’s so trustworthy, loves people and all other animals and doesn’t bark ever(only exception is when he sees horses on the television), he is brave and active and never poops or pees in the house!

Anyway, he has no training at all. I went with the “free training” mindset and was very happy about it for a while, but now I’m starting to wish he actually knew some things and I wish I was better at training him to do the things I want!

Whenever I try, he only listen to me when I’m watching.

For instance every time he gets a treat he takes it up in the couch to enjoy it there which I don’t like at all.

So I take it from him at put it in his bed or on his mat, and tell him he’s a good boy when he gets there to take it.

Problem is that he saves it until I do something else and then he takes it up in the couch again.

And if not there, in my bed.

Also every time me and my partner try to be cute.. like hug and kiss.. touch each other in any sort of way my dog comes and literal DEMANDS attention... and my partner doesn’t get it so he just gives it to the dog.. this annoys me so much.

And whenever I tell my partner that we cannot allow him to always get what he wants his solution is always “do you want to get rid of him?”.... which I don’t.

Another problem is that he isn’t allowed to sleep in our bed anymore because I’ve sadly become allergic to him!

He is allowed to sleep in his dog bed, but I always wake up with the dog on our bed anyway, he just waits until i sleep... or if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night the first thing he does is jump up.

😳

I

don’t know if it’s because I’m pregnant i don’t have much toleration for this, or if I have the right to be annoyed with this.

I’m not mad at the dog, but ofc at myself for not knowing how to deal with this properly.

Anyone who have any suggestions?