How do I train them????

Tina

I’m trying to resort all options so I don’t have to rehome my dogs!

Main issues:

• Very hyper dogs which is great and fine but we’re pregnant. I know most animals are fine with small babies but my dogs already use my stomach or boobs as a lift off in a jump if I’m laying down. I highly doubt that they will be calm around a baby which is not good when it comes to a baby playing on the floor.

• they chew everything possible. Currently we’re getting new floors due to water damage. We have everything in the living room and dining room and I’ve realized they destroy everything. They have countless toys and a bark box to replace their toys each month but they chew remotes in half, shoes, the chewed up my brand new Doppler (sitting on the side table), they have chewed up the cord to an old vacuum cleanser until I got one that retracted into the vacuum. They don’t do it when we’re looking but if I’m doing housework and not paying to much attention or if I’m in the shower it’s go time to them. They don’t do it when I’m paying attention. Let’s not even get started on toilet paper. We can’t have them chewing up the baby’s things.

• is there any way to train them to stay in the yard while they use the bathroom??? Currently I HAVE to take them out on the leash or else they run. They even tug me when I do take them on the leash and I can’t imagine that will be fun when I have to hold a newborn at the same time. This one isn’t a huge issue but still is one I need help on.