My -Crazy to me- birth story!

Warm

I'm gonna start off by saying this isn't that crazy but it was to me 🤣 I had my daughter at 40&2! I was having contractions on and off for a couple weeks prior and my OB and I thought she'd be here early because my first daughter was! When I was a day over 39 weeks I woke up and went to the bathroom and I was leaking. I told my husband I wasn't sure my water broke but I put a pad on and carried about our morning and I called the nurse line to ask if it was normal because it stopped. I was told not to come in if it stopped and I wasn't having consistent contractions and that many women have an increase in discharge towards the end so I didn't go in. I noticed every morning after I woke up in the morning and would leak but it would stop during the day so I thought it was normal discharge. At my 40 week appointment I asked my doctor about it and she did the test where you see if it was amniotic fluid just to be sure but we both expected it to be negative thinking baby was being stubborn (I was dilated to a 3 at this time and got a membrane sweep). About an hour after I got home I got a call while playing with my daughter to come in and that the test was positive! We went in and they broke my water and started me on pitocin (I was EXTREMELY against it but needed her out) and antibiotics because we needed her out asap as it had already been a week since it started leaking. I got the epidural at midnight at around 7cm (I got there at 6pm). All night the blood pressure monitor was going off because my blood pressure was 80/40 and wouldn't rise even with 4 different meds 🙃 anywho I started pushing at 5:30am and at 6:10am my second beautiful daughter was born ❤️ she was perfectly healthy! We had to stay an extra two days to make sure she didn't have any infections since it was over a week after my water started leaking but we're good and healthy ☺️❤️