What should my next step be????

I have been talking to, and getting to know a guy recently. We have been talking for almost a month, getting to know each other, laughing, pigging out on food, and taking cute trips to local view spots in our town. We kiss and hug and snuggle up to each other in the car and everything (do you think that’s too soon?). We mutually want to meet each other’s parents and he’s met all my friends and fits in pretty well. We haven’t made the move or next step into an actual relationship yet but I think I’m ready to make that step and be his girlfriend after getting to know him more throughout our days of seeing each other and talking, and he keeps saying “ if we date” this and omg “if we date” you’ll enjoy this. But I don’t know how to say it or bring up that conversation about making me his girlfriend. He sure as hell seems like that’s what he wants too but he has been very respectful and kind about taking things as slow as I need to because of my past hurt and pain with exes. How do I tell him I want to be his girlfriend?? Thank you in advance girls, I just need advice!!!!☺️💕