change

my dad died when i was 6. he was in an explosion and put into cardiac arrest around 3 hours after. he suffered a blow to the heart during the explosion, and the truth is, i did too. when he died i was left with nothing. i have 4 brothers and 1 sister. my family is huge but my dad was my whole world. my siblings are all 20+ years older than me. so when i was born they were all moved out and living their own lives, i never really got close to any of my siblings because one moved to the uk, my sister and brother in law moved to sicily, followed by my 2 other brothers. only one stayed in new york with my mom and me. after my dad died my mom had an epiphany, she realized just how short life really is and she was constantly flying back and forth from sicily to new york and to the uk, sometimes we visited my great uncle in russia, or my sister in laws family in france, but we were never home. that’s how my mom coped with my dads death, i was only 6 so i couldn’t really comprehend what happened all i knew was that daddy was gone and he wasn’t coming back. my mom said my dad worked hard to make sure we’d all be living comfortably for the rest of our days. she was right, my dad was wealthy enough that all of our travels didn’t even make a dent in our funds, neither would my college tuition or my brother’s medical school tuition. my dad left me 60% of his money, 40% to the rest of my siblings, 10% each. i remember the day they read the will. my siblings (in their early twenties at the time, just looking for a money source) wouldn’t talk to me for a week. they were angry at my mom too, but she didn’t know. in the will my dad said that my siblings all got to grow up getting everything they wanted, flying around the world, staying at 5 star hotels, buying expensive clothes. he said that it wouldn’t be fair that i would have to grow up without my father, and not in the same condition they did. it took them a little bit but they all came around. and i did grow up traveling all around the world. in fact i was never home in new york. in conclusion, i went to school in sicily, russia, the uk and, the us. i’m fourteen now. and i’m about to start high school in the us. i haven’t lived here since i was 6 years old. i’ve been back for maybe 2 or 3 weeks at a time but i haven’t been in the us in a long time. i’m so nervous, i never really had to make friends here, so here i am, going into high school, with no friends. no one has seen my face for 8 years. i’ve been back for a couple months, but with this whole pandemic, i have been in quarantine because i travel so much. i’m just afraid i’m going to be the odd one out in school. maybe i’m just being dramatic. my mom always said i had a thing for dramatics. i’m just afraid of change. last time i was settled down in one place for more than 2 years, i lost my dad. i don’t want to lose anymore people.