Pregnant & anxiety related insomnia

Carisa

I’m currently 31 weeks pregnant and dealing with anxiety so bad it’s making me scared to sleep. About 3 years ago I had horrible anxiety, however, I got over it. About 1 week ago, I saw a picture of myself during that horrible time and right before I went to bed that night my mind brought back all those anxious feelings from long ago. So now every time I go to sleep my brain associates sleep with the traumatic experience and sends me into “fight or flight” which in my case fleeing meaning no sleep. My doctor currently put me on Zoloft and Ambien because the benefits out weigh the risk and they need me to sleep for myself for my baby. I know Zoloft takes time before it works and the Ambien worked really well one night, not so much the second. So now my doctor wants me to start taking melatonin along with the Ambien. I really want to get through this before my baby arrives. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this and could provide anything helpful. This is really taking a toll on my health.

Thank you.