Feeling Alone in my Excitement

Carmen

So I’m a FTM and I get excited reading each week about the baby’s size or what’s happening to my body, ect. But, I feel like when I talk about my pregnancy or show my excitement people don’t seem as excited or happy for me.

My husband says “oh yea?” or “She’s getting big” Which is his form of excitement. It’s other family members that I thought would be excited with me that aren’t. I feel as though every time I mention my baby or her movements or try and share my experience with them they just act not interested.

Is it because they’ve already had babies and been through it? This is the first grand baby in the family I just thought they would be more excited. My mom passed when I was 9 so I’ve been trying to ask my husbands family how it was for them and their experiences but they just kind of answer like I’m dumb or something. I just want everybody else to be excited or even act interested.

I feel like I get excited about something during my pregnancy but quickly realize I can’t talk to anyone about it because they won’t care. It’s like lighting a firework that turns out to be a dud.

Anyone else dealt with something similar? How did you deal with it?