Anxiety makes the rules

Samantha • Grateful mama of 2 💞 surprise baby #3 on the way

Good lord did I get reminded of this yesterday. I went to pick up some food from a restaurant that I had been to multiple times before. But as soon as I got inside and started to walk the way I did before, I quickly realized that the layout had changed and a few people were staring. I played it off like I hadn't been there before, asked a lady working there where I was supposed to be to pick up food and she pointed to a counter i walked right past. So i felt super embarrassed and walked back over there and waited my turn. My palms started sweating. After I paid and got my food, I left. As soon as I got outside, I almost threw up and when I sat down in my car, I realized my heart was POUNDING so hard it felt like it was going to jump straight out of my chest. Almost had a complete breakdown also, but I kept my composure and just took some deep breaths. All over picking up some damn food and the layout of the restaurant being *slightly* different. I hate living with anxiety because it doesn't play by the rules, it MAKES the rules.