Told my boyfriend about my severe depression and almost got dumped

Allison

In January of this year I was In a bad car accident. My small car was hit on the highway by an 18 wheeler it was the moment that I thought I was going to die. Since then I have had crippling back pain, ptsd, anxiety and depression and a brain injury I got during the accident . My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years going on 3. He stood by my side the whole time and dealt with me and the emotional roller coaster I have been on. I thought our relationship was fine. A few months ago I hit rock bottom my depression was really bad. Last night I finally told him how bad things got and that I was in so much pain i thought about suicide. And he yelled at me and told he that the past few months have been taxing on him and that it is draining. He said that he held up my emotions and that he was there for me but I wasn’t there for him to see how he has been. And that he had considered breaking up with me last night when I told him how bad things got. Since my low point I have continued therapy and am taking antidepressants it is not a though I have anymore. I just need advice.