Birth story update


I wasn’t planning on doing a birth story but on Sunday evening 7:30pm my waters broke and they were quite bloody so we came into hospital to get checked over. All was well went home, by 11pm I was having contractions every 10 minutes for 1 minute.

That continued the whole way through the night and when I got up in the morning I was feeling so achy and I was sicking up all the water I had drunk.

I took my temp and it was 38.3 so called the hospital and had to come in to be checked over to make sure I didn’t have an infection.

By the time I got to the hospital at 9:30 I couldn’t even walk I was so ill. I ended up being pumped full of 2 big bags of water and 3 different bags of antibiotics.

The baby was also being monitored for long periods of time.

By 3pm I was feeling better and they had finished all their observations and finally checked to see if I was dilating. Turned out I was 6cm and I had only had 2 paracetamol for a headache in the morning and a syringe full of oral morphine about 12 for back pain as the baby was in a funny position making my back hurt.

Told my husband to go and grab the bag from the car as we were definitely not leaving the hospital now by the time he got back which was about 3 minutes they had checked me again and I was 9.5 cm but the problem was my contractions weren’t regular or progressing and her heart rate was dropping. They decided I needed to have a c section but they were first going to try forceps.

The baby was facing to side so they first of all had to turn the baby to be looking the right direction and then use the forceps to get her out. I didn’t feel a thing as I had a spinal but i had to push while they pulled which was weird as I couldn’t feel anything.

It all went well but she had to be taken straight away to be checked over and have antibiotics in case she was ill with what I had.

We are both doing well and should be able to go home this evening.

She was born at 6.03pm Monday and weighing 6lbs 11. The birth experience I had wasn’t overall a bad one considering. I was very ill to start with and didn’t have a clue all day how dilated I was (not that I cared that much anyway at that point) and ended up doing most of it on my own with very little pain relief until they needed her to be delivered right away

I couldn’t be happier 🥰

Olive Blossom 💖


Baby Olive had to have 5 days of antibiotics. Out of 100 her infection level went from 5 the day she was born to 62 the day after then finally came back down and was 14 on Friday. She has finished her antibiotics Saturday morning and we were allowed home on Saturday afternoon.

I hated being in hospital for 5 days but I know it was to help my baby. I am now taking 4 antibiotics twice a day and also injecting myself with blood thinners.

We are both doing well and so happy to finally be home.