Second baby/did gender baby shower

sol
So I am at target buying some things for my coming baby shower decorations with my toddler son.
I am having a girl btw so while looking for rubber bands for a diaper cake I am making, this lady points me in the right direction and while I am in the same aisle she looks at my car and this pair of little red shoes I got (adorable) for the diaper cake and I am so excited that made the comment about my baby shower and my project (silly me of being excited!) and she stares at me serious and said: so you have one kid and doing another baby shower!!!??? I never heard of that- I though you are only allowed to do one for the first! 
So I need people's permission to expend money on a baby shower for the second time inviting exactly the same ppl that will send me gifts anyway!!! And why my second child is less important to not celebrate our excitement having her? 
So I did tell this woman with no apology that since we are in a Country That makes us Free! I am free to do as many parties as I want!
Listen girls you want to have a baby shower for every child you have just do so! Specially when is amor the same sex as the first!!!