Should I have to ask my husband to help me clean?

SRR

I am working from home 40+ hrs a week, and my husband has been laid off. I wanted to give him time at the beginning to process losing his job, but it's been 6-weeks and I feel like all I am doing is working or cleaning while he watches TV or applies to a handful of jobs. Our daughter is home with us since we can't afford childcare with him being laid off, and I am constantly having to ask him to keep her occupied because she likes to crash my video conferences or phone calls. When that happens he either will take her to our bedroom to watch TV or tell her to go to the play room, and doesn't really DO anything with her except put a screen in front of her to keep her quiet while I finish my meeting. I've always had a little trouble getting him to pull his weight around the house, but lately it's nearly impossible with out me flat out asking him to do stuff, and even then it doesn't always get done. His love language has always been caring/providing for his family monetarily and now that he isn't doing that I think he feels like he might as well be doing nothing. Should I ask him to switch gears and try providing for us in a home life capacity, or give him more time? Depression is a bitch, I've been there, so I want to make sure I'm not forcing him into a new role he isn't ready to take on.

Vote below to see results!