Well I think it’s weird

So... my stepmom and I had a talk about social distancing after the baby is born. She works in the medical field and has been away from us for the past 12-15 weeks. I told her that we should continue with it because with cold and flu season coming along, we need to be safe.

Here’s what is odd to me, Thursday she send my husband a text right before church.

Saying “hey can you give me a call so we can talk privately” we knew had to do with what I discussed with her.

So my husband messaged back “sorry we’re at church right now. What’s up?”

She replied with “nothing that can’t wait. Don’t want to interrupt you at church 😉😉😉😉”

He thought the winks were weird. Lol. Like um okay?

She then asked “when do you go to work in the morning? I can call you before then. Also, don’t tell the wife about this text.” Of course he told me.

So the convo was about how they miss us so much and want us over for dinner. That she thinks she’s safe from COVID and now wants to see us. I don’t want to because I’m still being safe and social distancing.

After some back and forth this week, and after I took a hard fall on my side, he told her “she’s not feeling well from the fall and we should reschedule any get togethers.” Mind you this whole time she hasn’t responded to have of my texts. She’s busy.

She told my husband “not feeling well???...... like in labor?????” To which he’s like “uuuh no. Because she fell” she then sends him “well I miss you guys so much 😙😙😙”

So I know you’re thinking what’s weird about this. What’s weird to me is her use of emojis. Like you don’t need to send my husband kissing faces. It’s just strange. Also, she’s only messaging him.