Baby shower drama!

☔Janice Beth🌈 • Rainbow Baby - Amelia Junerose born 2-5-16

I'm really upset and basically cried myself to sleep last night.

A week ago my mom gave me the invitation list and asked me to tell my husband to call his side of the family because no one- except my mother in law- RSVP'd. So last night I asked my husband if he did what my mom asked him to. He explained that half of his side of the family aren't speaking to one another so they're not coming if the other ones are coming and it's ridiculous. This is his side of the family who he is very close to. And I feel if they're not mad at us they should support us and celebrate our first child. These are the people who just got married, who just had babies, excetera who we went to all of their things. So I'm feeling betrayed I guess. As it stands now the only people who are definitely coming are my side of the family some of which are coming from four states over and my close close friends. No one from my job RSVP'd either.

Mind you it's not about gifts I don't care about that and I don't care about it being quote unquote my party because I don't even like being the center of attention I don't even like when people give me presents honestly because it makes me feel uncomfortable. But I was there for all of these peoples weddings, showers, what have you. I'm upset that they're not coming to the one thing that I've invited them to they haven't been to anything from us because we don't have parties since our wedding 2 years ago. What annoys me even more is after my husband told me that - I got upset but I didn't want him to see me cry. So I told him that I was going to go to sleep and then I asked him to pet me because I felt sad. He asked me why I was sad... are you kidding me??? I'm sad because your family sucks. What also annoys me is that my husband always complains about my family and how we only see each other during special occasions and holidays so we can't be that close. Meanwhile there's no question in my mind that my family will come and have fun and love on us. Also the same people from his side of the family who aren't coming are the same people on Facebook spouting about how family means more to them than anything. I'm just annoyed and sad. Rant over.