SHOULD I TELL THE MOM?

Rachel

Someone that I know kinda sorta explained <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IVF</a> to a child that was not hers.

Now when I say she kinda sorta explained she did not use ANY details. All she said was that sometimes people need help having babies.

She did however say "We can't have babies like other people. Like they just get together and have a baby."

I totally realize that she did not give ANY explicit details. She did not actually explain anything related to sex. And while I personally am on the fence. Meaning I would be a little annoyed because I don't think that is a conversation she needs to be having with my child. But I would at least be grateful that at least she did not share details.

My question is do I tell the child's mother?

I ask because the child is not mine and I know every parent is different. Also this parent and I are close and have previously discussed the same person telling the same child that her and her boyfriend sleep in the same bed and are not married. The parent was very upset over this. Basically something similar to this has happened before. But I also am totally aware that nothing really bad was said. The child in question is 11 years old and a girl.

I know I sound ridiculous to some of you. Which is why I am getting advice of sorts before I go and talk to the parent. I feel kinda stupid right now but at the same time I am a parent and would want to know if someone did something to my child. And I feel this is one of those things.

Vote below to see results!