Sharing Accounts ??

Rebekah

Is it weird that my boyfriend is still on his mom's insurance and phone plan ? He pays his portion of his bill and I believe its cheaper for him. I think I'm overthinking it, but I feel like it's weird to still be on your parents accounts after a certain age, he is 27, or if you are financially stable. He says its easier for him, but I feel like their should be separation between finances in your family unless you are completely supporting that person or married. What are yall thoughts?

Update!

I appreciate you all for responding and checking me in a kind way. 💖 I support him saving money, but I should have explained my situation in more detail. So here we go with the details lol. We have been living together for 2 years and recently had an apt fire which caused both of us to lose everything. My little sister just moved in so she had all of her belongings there as well. He had renters insurance for our apartment under his mom's plan which I'm thankful for. Now the other day while him and I are in the kitchen his mom calls to talk about the insurance, but I don't know what his mom said. I only heard him talk. Note we are supposed to get reimbursed for all of our stuff and a check will be directly deposited. However, I guess it has to go directly to her account. Now where I got wary was when he said "Well I atleast need some money to pay my down payment on the apartment I'm moving into." I thought it was an odd response so I asked him if everything was okay after he got off the phone. He said everything was fine, but his tone was irritated. So I asked what did his mom say and he said that she has to have the money deposited into her account which I could tell he didn't want to talk about. I just didn't understand why he said that he ATLEAST needs the down payment. Idk it just made me feel like their wasn't honest communication regarding that conversation and it caused me to overthink. So here goes my second question do you think I'm overanalyzing this situation?