Spitting up on belly

Sydney

So my baby loves to be on her belly. Every time I lay her down, she rolls over onto her tummy right away. So much that I don’t even have to worry about giving her tummy time because she does it herself so much! Lol

The only downside to this is it makes her spit up more because she’s on her belly. Even if it’s been a while after eating. I do keep her upright after eating for a while and that doesn’t make a difference.

I’m not worried about the spit up, but whenever I put her down for sleep she rolls straight to her belly and will spit up on the mattress. It’s really frustrating, especially during daytime naps, because I try to get her to nap in her crib and leave her alone in there.

If she’s crying, I’ll go in and comfort her and there’s a puddle of spit up.

I mean I just wipe it up, but it’s a little frustrating 😩 I doubt there’s anything I can do about it and just something I’ll have to deal with, but does anyone else deal with this and have any tips?

In her bassinet I will sometimes put down a burp cloth under her head that is big enough to be tucked under the bassinet mattress so it’s tight across it. But her crib is too big for that.

And even with the burp cloth, there will still be a puddle of spit up but it does absorb it a little bit compared to just the sheet.