Please read ❤️

Hi all, I just thought I’d share my story about loosing my virginity to my boyfriend as advice for others around my age. As I wanted to hear this before making the decision.

I am almost 16 and have been officially dating my boyfriend for 6 months. He’s my best friend and I’ve always been told to do it at the right time with the right person.

We went on a day adventure and came home and hung out. after spending an amazing day with him I felt I was ready and it happened that my whole family was out for the rest of the night. We both spoke about it for a good 30 minutes ensuring we were both ready. We went to my room and cuddled and relaxed for a bit, slowly getting into a mood. I was on birth control and we also used a condom (stay safe). We started very very slow with him into and ensuring neither of us were in any pain, from there we just went slow and enjoyed the time Together. (We only actually did it for 15-20 minutes) For me it wasn’t the rush to go and say I’ve lost my virginity it was the experience in gaining closeness with my partner. Yes, the experience felt good but it was the skin on skin contact and the Intimacy that both of us agreed was most important. All the dirty talk went away and it was just us two sharing an amazing moment.

I totally understand waiting till marriage and other personal things that people choose to wait for, but if you truely feel ready and can make a conscious decision that you won’t regret I say go for it.

Think about the intimacy rather than the need for you and your partner to finish, and communicate if you aren’t able to talk about it before during and after you aren’t ready.

And above all be safe and please use protection.

(I have posted this anonymously but am happy to dm you in response to a comment if you have any questions)