Feeling down...

Yesterday was my 6 year anniversary and dh and I went out to dinner while his parents watched our 19 month old. I'm also 24 weeks pregnant. Well one of my friends was celebrating her birthday. She wasn't going to be out until 10 pm at the bar and I already was thinking we wouldn't make it as its so late with a sitter and such. Well we had dinner and went to a lounge at the hotel the restaurant was at to watch a little college football and dh could have a drink. It took forever for us to close our tab there and it was already after 10 by the time we did. My friend asked if I was coming and I told her that it was too late for us to come, it was already going to be close to 11 by the time we got home. I think she was genuinely upset with me and I was surprised because she has lots of other friends besides me and didn't think she would care if I was there or not. We are close to 30 years old and in different times in our lives. I'm married with a toddler and pregnant so I can't even really join her out at the bars. I wish she was more understanding. Am I being insensitive? I'm genuinely upset that I couldn't see her and I hate knowing she's upset with me. The whole situation ruined the rest of my anniversary night. :(