How do you fight for someone you love?

Over the past month, my bf & I have been in a really bad place. My bf feels like I’m not ready to be in a relationship, due to how I respond to arguments we get into. I go on hiatus & don’t speak to him until he calls me (only to give him space, and just to let both of us cool off).

We’ve both been under a lot of stress, he lost his job a few months ago & due to a lot of other issues. I’ve also been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately on top of everything else. Today, he told me that he got a new job & that was another issue, because the fact that we weren’t speaking, I knew nothing about it.

Now my bf has said that he is basically over the relationship if I don’t show him that this is what I really want. He said I can at least fight for him, if this is what I really want. He said that other girls shouldn’t be calling in checking on him & he not hear from his gf at all even if we aren’t talking, which I agree, I messed up with that.

He also got mad at me because I deleted the picture I had of us on my Instagram, but I told him the only reason I did that, is because I went on his Instagram & saw the picture he posted of us gone. He then showed me he only archived the picture with the majority of his other pictures.

When I just left him, he said that if what I show him isn’t serious then it’s probably not going to be reciprocated & then said to take care, & left. I don’t want to lose him. He’s someone that’s been in my life for years as a friend & now a bf, we were even talking about marriage. However, I don’t know what to do to show him that I love him & want to be with him.

Any advice?