Not invited to bfs thanksgiving?

My bf and I have been together almost 2 years. This will be out second thanksgiving together. Last year we got into a little argument bc I invited him to my familys thanksgiving. Leading up to thanksgiving, I felt he would natuRally invite me to his family’s thankgiving lunch. It was the night before and nothing so I just asked “Hey, so what are we doing tomorrow? Are we going to your family for lunch? And then he said, “Um, well you werent really invited to my familys and its not my house so its not really my place to invite you.”

I was kind of shocked because mind you, I am constantly around his family. Its not like its abnormal. I have had many dinners, lunches, etc with all of them so I felt odd that I wouldnt be included. I get that every family does things differently but they just didnt strike me as having those strict rules for thanksgiving. I was kind of hurt and maybe I was out of place for assuming I would be there, but I couldnt help but feel like I was wanted there or they didnt take us seriousky. We are approaching our 2nd thanksgiving together and I’m still not invited. It just seems like a direct dig at this point. They know how serious we are. It’s not like we are a fling. I also have a tendency to feel that his sisters arent very fond of me and since its usually at one of their houses, they get to say Im not invited.

Should I take this personally? Is this normal? What are your and your bfs thanksgiving arrangements?