Peer pressure (?)

🌸 Keisha 🌸 • 🖤

I don’t know how to explain what I’m feeling perfectly, but I’m going to try my best!

I’m 17 years old and almost in year 12 in high school. My whole high school life all I heard from my ex friends is their sex stories and them asking me if I’m going to do it yet. Even girls that I don’t know are always talking about it around me. It’s been happening since we were all around 13-14 years old and it makes me feel like such a loser for not doing anything sexual at all. It’s become so normalised for people as young as 13 to do it, even teenage pregnancy..

I don’t know exactly why but I feel so gross for not participating, everyone’s making it seem like I’m missing out on something big, and I feel so pressured to do it too..

Even my boyfriend has started from a young age and I feel like I can’t compare to the previous girls his been with, it gives me extreme anxiety just thinking about it. I have no clue if I’m asking for advice or just trying to vent, I just hope I’m not the only person to think this way honestly!

(Not judging those who have started from a young age, I just think there’s so much pressure to start young nowadays, in my eyes and that’s why I’m feeling the way I am 😅)