My boyfriend makes me so upset

This is just for me to vent because I know my friends are tired of hearing about it.

I’ve been with my boyfriend for over a year and he’s never come to any family celebration except my baby cousin’s birthday party (which I was very grateful he did) and he has never invited me to any of his family’s celebrations.

Last year he was coming to my fam’s thanksgiving and then texted me about an hour before and said he was going hunting.

This year, my fam is having lunch together today for thanksgiving and he was supposed to come. He just texted me that he threw up and has a headache. (He uses that as an excuse to skip class and other things he doesn’t feel like doing A LOT)

I called him out and said it was suspicious and awfully convenient. He got mad at me for accusing him of that. I said sorry and blah blah blah even though I still don’t believe him.

Now, he’s apologized and said he would still come to lunch if his headache goes away. I just said okay and I hope he feels better.

This is just one example of many times he has canceled our plans together (and he usually doesn’t have a REAL reason)

My mom is worried that he’ll do this throughout our whole life together. If I have anything to attend that’s a big deal to me at work or anything, she says he is going to cancel on me every time.

Again, this is just for me to vent. Feel free to comment if you have something to say, but please don’t attack me.