My story☁️✨

Abbie

Hey! I’m Abbie (14) and first developed anxiety at age 10/11. It began due to my dad gaining PTSD after leaving the war.

This left him screaming and yelling at night times. By age 5 I was always waking up and running to him in order to see if he was okay. This became more and more common so I’m unsure if I gained my anxiety then or later on. Anyways, things went by and every two years my dad would be taken away for a special therapy camp. I always missed him and wrote to him :) By age 7 he got better for quite a bit. This was when I started to get bullied/harassed. My teacher accused me of being the bully when in reality I was the victim. A year went by and his issues came back. I believe this was when I became conscious of my anxiety and how it was effecting me.

I am now 14 and times are still tough. My nanny passed away last night and I’d just attended my uncles funeral the day before. My dads better though! And things are gonna be okay :) Feel free to tell me your stories in the comments and know that you’re not alone. I love you🧸🤍