Postpartum Depression

Ad

Struggled with it for over 6 months with my first baby. Basically wasn’t even a parent. My husband took care of me and our baby. Now we have a second baby and I started getting it about 5 weeks postpartum. Told my OB about it which took an Incredible amount of Courage. I cried after that appointment. Got prescribed Zofran. I am 4 days on it and I’m doing So much better.

***ALL new Moms. If you have a history of depression, look for indicators of ppd and get help as soon as you start feeling it. You’re Super strong by getting help. My first indication of ppd this time was being extremely irritable with everything. I started getting upset every time my baby screamed and instead of wanting to help him I wanted to run. (Figuratively) That’s a symptom of ppd! And even though I knew I needed help it hurt like hell to talk about it. I’m glad I did because this time I get to be there for my baby and not miss his first year by not being there mentally or emotionally. Don’t suffer like I originally did. If anti depressants don’t work there are natural things to help. Just please get help and don’t suffer alone. I know how painful that is.