Finally had my prince 💙

Amber

I had my baby boy today. He is 7.3 and 19 1/2 inches long. I was 39 weeks and one day. As much as I had hoped to not go into labor on a holiday, I started having contractions on thanksgiving night. Apparently my baby boy wanted to eat his turkey and ham before joining the world. I had a pretty quick labor as I got admitted around 4AM and was ready to push him out around 8 something that morning. I originally wanted a natural birth and did labor naturally until about 8cm. I ended up getting an epidural and was definitely grateful as I was in so much pain. Not so scare anyone but it felt like my uterus was on fire. I felt like yes I could have gone completely natural, but with this being my first child I didn’t know what all to expect. I think the epidural helped me enjoy my labor more. I had a great anesthesiologist that did not hurt me. The most painful part was getting the area numbed. I pushed for about ten minutes on every contraction and on my last one his head came out followed by his body in one push. I cried in controllably and felt instant relief. I did have some tearing which is a little uncomfortable right now, but definitely worth my bundle of joy.