I’m so upset..

My parents are addicts. BAD ones. My mother used to hit me when I was little and they were both verbally abusive. I don’t even speak to my mother now. I have absolutely no interest in doing so. She’s just still heavy in that type of life. My dad is still in that lifestyle too but I’ve always been closer to him. I don’t see him often at all (because I won’t allow anyone on drugs around my children) but we keep in touch. He was in jail and he said things I’ve never heard from him before. He was taking responsibility for the wrong things he’s done. He wasn’t making excuses. He admitted his problems and said he wants a different life. He wants to know his grandkids.

He’s been out of jail for a week and I think he’s already back at it.. he knows he can’t be around drugs because he’ll use. He’s an addict. He said he just needs to keep anyone who uses away from him for a while until he has it under control more..

Well that’s hard to do when it’s your daughter (my sister) and his girlfriend.. they both use and they’re both around him. My sister was messaging ALL night. So she’s not sleeping. Im not blaming her for my dad using again, that’s on him. I’m just so disappointed. I always say I’m not going to get my hopes but I always do... I’ve tried so many times to cut him out of my life too.. he makes me so sad. I just can’t do it.