Vaginitis!

Amber

Hey PCOS folks,

If you’re easily offended by stories of unhappy vaginas, then now is your chance to duck out of this thread!

I have a question for those of you living with all the joys of PCOS. I’m wondering if you are particularly susceptible to vaginitis/yeast infections?

I get them about twice to three times a year, I’m not sure if that’s excessive or not. It usually coincides with painful sex. I’ve only had one sex partner for 4 years & as he is my husband I should bloody hope that I’m his only sex partner in that time too (although some of the stories on here have me fucked up).

Anyhow, these infections get pretty bad. I’m talking uncomfortable itching, painful urination, pelvic inflammation, back pain & nausea. I usually need a course of antibiotics to clear it up. I’m trying to figure out what is causing it, in the hopes of preventing the reoccurrence!

I read that these infections become more common in menopause, when estrogen levels drop. This led me to wonder if it could be related to hormonal imbalance in PCOS?

I mean quite frankly, at this point I believe that every single ailment is a PCOS symptom 😅.

Would be great to hear of your experiences.

Yours sincerely,

A very distressed vagina.

EDIT : They aren’t always really bad! Sometimes just mild and go away after a day or two.