Arguing with my boyfriend need input

Madi

Okay so my bf and I got into an argument today. And I want to know what other people think

I was on the phone with him earlier and asked him if we were going to eat dinner later, and he said “no I’m going to my brother in laws birthday dinner” I said “oh.. where will our son be?” And he said “with me at the dinner” and then there was a long silence , and he said “you can come if you want”

Now what we are arguing about, is I said that “you can come if you want” isn’t an invite . He only told me about this dinner because I asked, and it’s almost like I am inviting myself

He says this is totally an invite and “I’m always welcome to come to his family’s events”

????? Sorry but that’s totally not an invite in my opinion. He didnt tell me a time or where it was .

Also, taking our son out to a restaurant with your family and you wouldn’t think to have his mom there? I don’t know I think it’s so rude , like we are a couple , why would you go out like a single dad , when he knew I was just sitting at home doing nothing .

Please everyone give input, I want to know what you think! He is calling me crazy