Growing apart from bf

My bf and I have been together since our first year of high school and now we’re both in our senior year. Soon we’ll be graduating and since we both have different dream schools, we will most likely split up. We decided that we should not compromise our own personal goals in order to go to the same school and stay together. If we wanted to reconnect after university then we would. As graduation gets closer and closer, I feel like our spilt is just looming over my head. We really love each other, and we’ve been together so long that it will be hard to not have him around anymore. I always thought that our senior year would be perfect and that we would really cherish our last year together. Obviously covid ruined our senior year experience, but aside from that, I feel like we are really growing apart. We used to spend so much time together, and now we barely see one another. We still talk on the phone, but it is not the same. He has been really busy with school this quad so I understand, but it is still sad. Next quad he will have an even heavier course load. If we barely can see each other as is, what will happen when he has even more work to do? It’s so upsetting because by September we’ll be in different cities, and this was supposed to be a special last year. With covid and now us growing apart, I just feel sad and overwhelmed. Maybe it is for the best, but I still feel sad about it