Feel like the family failure 😪😅

Cora • Mom of three💖💖💙 | Licensed Hairdresser🖤

I just want to sit and rant for a second because it’s been building up inside for so long.

I’ll start by saying I’m the oldest of 4. All four of us were adopted from different countries so we all seem to have our own personalities that are hard to explain.

Me: 25 years old. Married with three kids. No college degree, but 7 years worth of college under my belt. I became a licensed hairstylist last year after completing 1500 hours and passing my boards. I live with my husbands family (love extra help with the kiddos). Body piercings and tattoos since I was 15. Always changing my hair up.

Brother 1: 23 years old. Engaged. Has one kid. No college degree but has a steady job at a factory. Just bought his first house.

Brother 2: 22 years old. Lives on his own. Has a steady factory job. No college.

Younger sister: 17 years old. Going to college in the fall. I’m convinced she’ll be the only one that ever graduates.

I know the worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others. Everyone is different. But I get told all the time that I shouldn’t be taking up space at my in-laws house from my own dad. Says we should buy a house but thanks to covid, my husband stepped away from his job. I absolutely hate feeling like the family disappointment.

My mind is my own worst enemy.

I just wanted to rant. I feel a lot better now 🥴