My 3 yr old was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes

I need reassurance she’s going to be ok. She’s been in the hospital for a week. Her a1c was an 11. My husband and I feel so much guilt and sadness and heartache for her. I’m pregnant with our 3rd and have gestational diabetes and hypertension and my numbers have been going up with all of this so my husband hasn’t let me go to the hospital so I can stay home and try to take care of myself and rest but it’s just making me worry more. I don’t know anyone that has type 1 but autoimmune diseases run on my husbands side so the doctors think that’s why she has it (type 1 is an autoimmune). Her numbers have been high the whole time (400-500s) and they’ve been trying to get them down. Tonight her numbers dropped to 70 so they had to give her some juice and a couple of hours later they dropped again. I don’t know which is scarier, the high numbers or the low ones. They tell me she’s going to have a normal life but I worry for her so much especially as she gets older and starts dating and eventually tries to have children.