Thank your kids?

Tayste

Back story; I posted a video on Snapchat of my 3 year old pulling out cars, telling me what they are like “this is a fire truck! This is an ambulance!” He loves alllllll vehicles. (That’s what he calls them, “rescue vehicles” “construction vehicles” “paw patrol vehicles” (where it all started lol)) but anyway, he picked out the few he wanted to play with and goes “I put the rest back” and starts putting his cars back. Y’all we’ve been pushing and trying to get this boy to pick up his toys for, what feels like, ever. So at the very end of the video I said “thank you baby for picking up your cars”. Someone slid up and said “why would you thank him for doing something he’s supposed to do?”

I stand by thanking him, and will continue to when he does what he’s supposed to (especially without being asked) and I want him to know that I appreciate his effort to do what we have asked him to. I want him to feel good about doing the right thing.

Do you thank your kids? It’s such a weird concept not to, I’m interested in hearing opinions