Worried that my 2 year old isn’t talking enough

My two year old (26 months) can say words and animal sounds when he wants to.

I have a running list and he’s at about 64 words, but he will go days and weeks at a time without saying some of them.

He is very chatty, and baby talks gibberish constantly. He understands commands and plays really well. He keeps eye contact and smiles and laughs and is very very active.

He is my only child and hasn’t had any interaction with other kids since COVID restrictions so it’s been a long time.

Even if I were to get him speech therapy, it would be on video call/zoom and he would never sit still and watch or listen to anything like that. He’s just a very busy boy.

I saw a mom post today on Instagram that her 18 month old is considered “mildly delayed” for not speaking in two word sentences and I was like what?? My son is 2 and isn’t doing that. At his 18 month checkup his ped said “if he can say 1 word that someone outside the family can understand then he’s fine.” And he did.

His two year appointment is next month (COVID outbreaks kept pushing it back since November...) and I’m a little worried. We read a lot and my husband and I talk to him a lot but he’ll listen to us but then would rather be a toddler and play with his trucks or dinosaurs.

Any advice or insight from moms who have once been where I’m at? 😣