Has anyone been misdiagnosed w pcos ?

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with pcos 11 years ago . I went in for a check up due to having irregular periods and at the time having double periods. They did an ultrasound and was diagnosed w a conditioner I’ve never heard before called “PCOS” they doc told me I had a lot of cyst on my uterus . I was only 18 so didn’t really understand much of what was going on but she put me on a lo estergon birth control pill and I was told it will help. I took the BC for about a year but all it made me extremely sick and my hair started to fall out . So I stoppes treatment . I went back a year last to check my ovaries and I was told my pcos was looking better . After that for a few years I never really bothered w knowing much about my condition bc I felt fine . Yeah I may get irregular periods every now and then but the double periods a month stopped . As I’ve gotten older once I hit 25 I decided to look more into this condition . All the main symptoms of this condition stated being over weight (which I’m not , I’m slim) , serve ance ; which I don’t have just a few bumps here and there close to my period ) excessive hair ( which I don’t have ) and irregular periods ( the only thing on the list I had ). So at 25/26 I decided to check my ovaries again w a new Gyno. This gyno told me I had a lot of cyst on my ovaries and that it would be hard for me to get pregnant. I was completely devastated!! I asked what can be done and she told me I needed to use an IUD or birth control . I wasn’t comfortable using IUD considering I’ve heard horror stories about them . And I wasn’t trying to use bc again after my experience with it . At 28 years old I decided I wanted to try and have a baby w my bf we have been trying all year but no luck . I’ve been drinking spear mint tea , cut out dairy and been taking Myo instoil in hopes it will treat my pcos . To my surprise two day’s ago I went to a bee gyno to check my pcos and she came back and told me my testosterone levels were normal and that my ovaries looked fine !! She told me I never had pcos and that it’s commonly misdiagnosed! I was in shock!! At this point I’m not sure what to believe anymore ! Should I get a second opinion ? Has this happen to anyone before ?

Vote below to see results!