For those who are still night nursing ..we got though night 1!!

Mai

So I co sleep w my baby and I’ve been dreading having to deal w weaning at night time...

We don’t day time feed anymore and haven’t for a while. However , feeding is what puts him TO sleep and back to sleep when he wakes up in the middle of the night .

For a while now I’ve been telling him we can have booty (boobs) tonight but soon we will stop...

His bday is coming next week and my goal was to stop at 2yo.

Anywyw yesterday I decided to just go for it.

I fed him once outside of the room in the living room (usually it’s in bed). I put black tape on my nipples and told him my booty hurts (I did this to stop for day time feeds too)

Then brought him to bed, I gave him a cup of milk instead and then he cried a bit & said back to me that my booty hurts and eventually fell asleep crying (took about half hour).

Then the hard one came a few hours later, he woke up which he usually does and I usually nurse him back to sleep w no problem

This time he cried for an hour without boot yelling etc. He asked for water snd milk and I gave it to him ... he kept crying and then eventually He fell back asleep

When he woke up in the middle of the night again, he cried and kicked for a few min and went back to bed !

Hopefully the next few days get better !

I wanted to share this because I was dreading this and reading up for advice everyday about weaning toddlers . Most of the advice is for non co sleeping tho ...