Opinions needed!

Sarah

Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I’m 26 and been with my boyfriend (29) for six months. I recent spoke with him about dating with intention now that’s we’ve reached this mark. But he feels we aren’t ready to date with intentions to move toward something serious like marriage because I’m still in school and not working (yet). And I understand the concern. But, we’ve also been having pull-out sex since we started dating, which is super risky. And he’s totally fine with it. Anytime he’s been almost late to pull out, he just says to let him know if I end up pregnant. Like it’s no big deal. Meanwhile, I’ve started feeling really insecure because it’s a big deal to me to end up that way and not have a future with this guy. (Granted, I’ve been having sex this way because I thought we were in the same page about progressing).

So my thing is this: how are we ready to be having sex that could potentially end in an unplanned pregnancy, but not be ready to date with intention?

It doesn’t make sense to me. Am I missing something here or is this guy just not the one? I don’t want to get stuck in a relationship that isn’t going to go anywhere until the guy wants it to.

Anyway, we’ve decided to take a break from each other for now. But I’m here, hoping to hear what others have to say about a situation like this. Please be respectful. I’m a little nervous about sharing this. But I didn’t have anyone I could talk to about this. I feel so alone.