Do you ever feel like you don’t belong with husbands family?

I feel out of place. When i got married I thought I would be included in everything and join the family. Not the case at all. MIL never calls, when she’s over she’s here to see my child snd my husband. They don’t really talk to me. Sister in law same way. Hell she barely talks to her brother. I dread going to family events because it’s basically them getting together. I’m not included in discussions. I try to join conversations but it doesnt go well. My family has been very welcoming to my husband and treats him like one of their own. I mean my husbands family doesn’t talk down to me or anything, but it feels like I’m “just there” when my daughter was born and nearly died from delivery, they didn’t care. MIL was over making sure her son was okay. She packs left overs and sends it to just him. My parents always send enough food for all of us. It’s just little things that get to me. I always thought when you marry into the family they will treat you like one of their own. Maybe it has to do with how we grew up. I grew up very close to my family. He grew up feeling alone since his mother favored his sister more. I feel like everything’s forced and I don’t like it. Has anyone went through something similar? Does it get better? I hate the feeling of being miserable when going to holidays and Vacations.