Family pressure to “just give birth already”

I’m 39 weeks and two days. I had my first at 37 weeks and so this whole pregnancy my doctor was hyping me up that I would have this baby early as well. I measured ahead, baby measured ahead, cervix was thinning early my doctor told me that he would be surprised if I didn’t have this baby by 38 weeks.

So my sister took time off work to be out here at 37 weeks and planned to stay until 39 weeks thinking I’d give birth. Well after not having contractions or showing any progress she decided this was taking to long and left the day before I turned 38 weeks.

My dad was then planning on flying out and decided to buy a plan ticket for this Thursday through next Thursday. Well the way inductions work at my hospital is if I’m pregnant at 40 weeks, my doctor sends a referral to L&D to call me when they have an opening prior to me turning 41 weeks. So I told my dad he should just wait because there’s a chance I won’t even have the baby via induction until next weekend.

As I’m telling my dad this my husband goes “NEXT WEEKEND?!” And I was like uh yeah, we’ve been over this?? And he was like “well why did I take off work then, I’m going to have to go back. can you start walking this is getting ridiculous” first off, my husband decided on his own to take this time off of work. No one told him to blow through his pto. He said “you were so sure you were having him early” sorry I’m not a psychic?! All I’ve done is relay the information given to me by my doctor why does that put me at fault?

WHY DOES EVERYONE IN MY LIFE ACT LIKE I HAVE ANY FUCKING CONTROL OVER LABOR?! for fucks sake. If anyone wants this baby out ITS ME. Like I can assure all of you that this is more painful and frustrating for ME than any of you. It’s so upsetting feeling like I have all of this pressure on me to give birth. Like this isn’t support. This is causing me more stress. Sorry that I’m not pushing the baby out sooner and it’s so inconvenient for everyone.