I need some relationship advice. . .

Luci

So. . . first of all I need a hug because right now I'm just so scared and confused. . . I'm currently 4 years into a relationship with the guy of my dreams. . . but I'm still not over my ex. . . things ended so violently and abruptly with her that I just can't get her out of my head. . . I cant help but wonder if I couldve done something to preserve our relationship. . . if I had done something wrong for it to end the way it did. . . and even though I did, I swear I really did see myself having a future with this guy. . . I just dont want to be cruel to him and keep him in a relationship with someone hung up on their past love life. . . he knows about my relationship with my ex and how everything ended with her. . . and he agreed that it even though it wasnt a healthy relationship that I could still be in love with her. . . we talked everything through and I told him that I'm not. . . and even though I really am no longer in love with her I just can't get her out of my head. . . ever since that day me and him had that whole discussion its been spiraling in my head and I can't seem to get these thoughts out. . . any advice on what I should do. . . ?