Compromise?

Alexxa

Me and my fiancée live about 3 hours from his closest friend (we aren’t from where we live now) and he asked me if I would be interested in a weekend getaway to his friend and his wife’s home.

I am pregnant and of course I want an escape from our daily chaos, so I said yes even though I don’t particularly get along with his friends wife.

Fast forward a few days later, I hear on the phone that his friend had planned on smoking some recreational stuff with my fiancée. Which is fine, my fiancée has bad anxiety and pain so he uses it to help but his friend does it very often. when we went to visit the last time before I was pregnant, they stayed in a room for hours while I tried my best to relate to his friends wife (and it just wasn’t working) and it was horrible.

Now that I’m pregnant, I don’t want to be anywhere near the smoke, nor be stuck with his friends wife whom I don’t get along with.

I told my fiancée this and he got really sad and I felt so bad but I had to communicate what I was feeling. He said we can just go somewhere else but again, I felt so bad. I offered to stay home and he didn’t like that idea.

I told him that I would go but I’d rather get a hotel room but idk what to do. I want him to have time with his friend because it’s important but I also don’t want to be stuck in a room with someone who complains and badmouths everything and in a house that is smoky.

Thoughts?