How to combat stress?

Ashlee • My 🌈 boy 10/16/21 💙

I will be 22 weeks tomorrow. I normally have a fair amount of stress, I work for a tow company that impounds in the Atlanta area which means I hardly have a pleasant shift. On top of uncooperative drivers. I woke up this morning spotting and sore, I’ve been sore like getting over the flu for a few weeks. The spotting didn’t last long and it was dark red, like old blood.

Anyways today has took the cake for being stressful. I got a call early this AM saying my car has to be moved from my mechanic by Monday or it’s being impounded (the irony right?!)

The motor is blown in said vehicle and I don’t have $6000 to pay it off for $4000 for a new motor and the work. So I’m pregnant, without a car, in a different state then where my car is.

Work was absolutely awful and it took my drivers 3 times longer to do anything at all. At the end of my shift I got a call from my boss. Who informed me by Thanksgiving our company will be completely shut down. I’m due early November so it’s safe to say that once I go into labor I won’t have a job. It seems like life just keeps throwing shit at me.

The father is hit or miss about being happy about the baby, and lucky for me he picks today to absolutely hate the idea, even after all the other crap I’ve been through today.

I’m at my wits end and have been to the ER twice this pregnancy for issues. I’m worried that it’s not going to get any better and something will happen to my baby. I know we’re all stressed to a degree, but what kind of coping mechanisms do y’all use? I’m desperate.