From BF to Formula worries

Cr

So right now I’m doing the best that I can to continue breastfeeding, my nipples are so badly damaged and I’m having trouble trying to properly position and latch him. Even harder when I got bigger boobs and cannot see my whole nipple to guide him :( he currently feeds to sleep as well (he’s 2.5 months) and I want to get bottles and formula just in case I can’t do it anymore (last resort) but I’m worried about getting him back to sleep if I do give him the bottle 😅 I have all these worries where I’m probably over thinking it haha.

I’m BF on demand but I think if you bottle feed it’ll have to be every 3 hours. So for example, if I formula feed, should I wake him up after a 2 hour sleep, have his awake time and then feed him (and hope he falls asleep on the bottle?) please help hahaha

Edit: Yes I am also seeing a IBCLC, I just seem to forget the position and latch she’s showed me. I try to replicate what I remember but doesn’t seem to work :( I also look it up online but can’t seem to do it