Omgggg - I’m a sleep training convert!

Lauren • 👶🏽💙 2/24/21

Ok ok ok. First let me say, if you’re against sleep training (as I was) I respect your opinion but don’t need it here!

I was at my wits end. My son was a pretty good sleeper through about 3 months. He started sleeping 4-5 hours during his first stretch, wake to nurse, and then wake again 3 hours later. It was golden…until it wasn’t. He hit the sleep regression early and was waking every 45-90 minutes. We tried everything - introducing pacifiers, reducing daytime sleep, increasing daytime sleep, earlier bed time, later bedtime, dream feed, nested bean, magic Merlin suit, blah blah blah. NOTHING worked. A month and a half of sleepless nights on both sides. I was sitting in his room, trying to rock him to sleep for 2 hours in the middle of the night, us both crying. He was cranky during the day, and I was a zombie.

Finally, I gave in. My husband and I decided to do the Ferber method. Night 1 he cried for 25 minutes and slept 9 hours. Night 2, cried 28 minutes and slept 10 hours. Night 3, cried 29 minutes and slept 11 hours. Tonight, he didn’t even cry a minute. He wakes up full of smiles, goes down for naps during the day easier (but still working on falling asleep awake).

It’s not for every parent or every baby, but my god it was exactly what my family needed. 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽