Flying with frozen breastmilk

Rebecca.

Has anyone here flown with any amount of frozen breastmilk? If so, how did you do it? Did you carry it on or check it? What was your experience?

My family is traveling next week and I need to take like 100oz of frozen milk and some thawed also. I’ve been googling and read that you can carry on any amount just let them know when going through the security lines. Something else said you should only take what you need during your travels and check the rest. Use dry ice in your bag and all sorts of things.

My little guy turned 11 months today. In his first 6 months I saved up roughly 800 oz of milk to start weaning him; to only nurse when he wakes up and before bed from 11 months to 1yr and to give him a bottle the rest of the day. Hence the need to take so much. I will also have several family members on the trip who would love to give him a bottle and help out and make it easier on me!

It’s getting so stressful to think about though! I would have a meltdown if I for some reason had to leave the milk behind, or it all melted in a checked bag. I am so paranoid about the worst things happening to me! Lol.

Any experiences or things you know that I don’t are appreciated.