His life has changed

So some time ago I wrote about an old homeless man who asked me for some shoes, and I had asked the community if they had anything spare for him. I was blasted and told I'm promoting vagrancy and all that.

Then some time later, I posted how I had hired him to help me with the garden every second week and how he was able to secure a place in a shelter thanks to the money.

Well a couple of weeks ago he told me that he has managed to hire a small shack to live in, he's moved out of the shelter and is now in his own home.

I'm so happy to have been part of this change in his life. It's a harsh winter this year and he's off the streets. Not just that, last week I gave him a blanket, AND my neighbours gave him a heater to help battle the cold. Food prices have also shot up so we bought him a small food pack, and a kettle and a small carpet too.

We aren't well off at all (thanks COVID19 for costing me my job) but we live like Kings compared to him, and not compared to others he's also living like a king.

I'm so chuffed.