Past food insecurities

Man, 2020 was rough.

I lost my job and filed for unemployment. For a few months (before the relief stimulus) we were food insecure. I was going to local food banks to get groceries. It killed me on the inside that I couldn’t provide for my family. I applied for several jobs within my career field but no one was hiding.

We never starved... but we couldn’t be picky about what we ate. We would take whatever the food bank would give us. We did this all while keeping it a secret from my kids. I didn’t want them to worry.

Fast forward a year. I started my own business and I am doing well! I can pay myself and feed my family. But it’s almost like I have PTSD....

I can’t help but buy a ton of food! I always have this “what if” feeling in the back of my mind.

I even found a working deep freezer for FREE on FB marketplace and I currently have frozen meat and vegetables in there for back up

PS: I am also happy to announce that I am giving back to the food bank which feels AMAZING. I know there are others like me who are relying on it and I want to help in anyway 💜